Friday 1 January 2016

End of 2015/Happy New Year post

So.. this was supposed to be posted a whole day ago. But I didn't get to hitting publish in time and life happened.. And here we are in a new year.

So much happened in December it was ridiculous.

We visited a local private school and arranged for Edison to attend a few courses with them which is excellent and hopefully will not cause him too much anxiety- a major reason we pulled him from Kindergarten. It will be literally only 5 hours a week or so though. If he wants to stay he can but he can also come home if he needs. He is 100% in control of whether or not he stays there without me. We just have to show up for our morning sessions.


Also we have traveled! we went to Victoria from Dec 17th-19th to attend a wedding reception of my cousins. We spent more time traveling than we did seeing anyone but it was still nice.

Immediately after the wedding reception the extended family we were going to see over the Christmas break became sick and so we didn't bother much on the eve or the day, but had a boxing day lunch with my MIL and the boys played in the back yard and it was lovely.

Since then we've kind of just run about seeing people and trying to clean the house and restock the pantry as well as looking for a good swimming program to help Edison along with his technique. Eventually I just decided to settle for the local swimming pool and lessons. Since this was the most budget friendly option when including travel time and costs.

So, the New Year. What do we have planned for this?

Well with any luck I will be finishing the manuscript for the first of a series of books I am writing. Which is partially why the blog has been a bit sparse. But I shan't rush this project. Rather I'll draft, edit, draft again.. repeat- until I am happy with it.

Other than my book writing I will continue my permaculture lifestyle and plan more garden beds and crops.

Commence Home Kindergarten for Nicholas and Foundation year for Edison in conjucntion with the private school as a support/resource center.

And since I can't think of anything else I'll end the post here. But I'm absolutely certain there will be other great plans to make for this year. But I'm really not into New Year resolutions so listing them all wouldn't be my style anyway.

Happy New Year Peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment